Life at 1572: Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to Me!

For some reason it feels weird to be 23, kind of old I guess. Haha! No, big plans since Zach isn't here, and he already gave me my gift last month. I believe we've only spent one of my birthday's together when he got back from Iraq this last time. All the other times I was living at home, he was in Iraq, or training for Iraq. Oh well, as is the life for the military family, LOL. I do plan to go out to lunch with Jack this afternoon, and I might get myself a few scrapbook things this evening.

Today also, marks the 5th anniversary of the start of the Iraq war. We have lost nearly 4,000 soldiers, and service men and women. We have also spent 500 billion dollars on the cost of this war. Please keep those men and women that are there fighting today in your thoughts, no matter what your thoughts on the war. They are there putting their lives at risk, and they have to be away from those that love them most. I myself do hope that the end is near.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes its almost seems impossible that you are in your MID 20's!!

Be sure to sing while reading:
Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Amy, Happy Birthday to you!

Anyway have a good one,
Love & hugs

Grandma Rosie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! I hope you and Jack have a wonderful lunch and enjoy your day.

I know one of your favorite things to eat is Crab so when Ev and I are there (6 weeks :) ) we are going out for CRAB!!!!! Even if it is Joe's again. LOLOLOL

And you are not OLD by any means!!

Love and miss you,

Hugs and Kisses

Singell Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you and Jack had a good lunch and you get lots of fun scrapbook stuff!

I hear you on the whole war thing. I am ready for the end as well. We all need our families to be whole again. Anyways have a great birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...