Life at 1572
We are paying $4.40 for gas out here. What are you paying where you are? The cost of things is really getting to me. People are having to cut out the fun things in life just to afford gas and food. We have hope to fly home to Missouri in July. As I sit and look at tickets costing $300 dollars a person this is looking like more and more of an unattainable dream. That upsets me because Zach will be leaving for Iraq soon after, and we would love to go home to family. I've looked into renting a car to drive home, but I am having a hard time with that one too. It will cost us an arm and a leg because the car companies that you can find that will let you rent a car, and drop it off in a different location charge you an arm and a leg for it. Also, we get a big charge for renting under the age of 25. Plus the gas to get there. We aren't sure if we are ready to commit to putting that kind of mileage on our car. I am getting depressed just thinking about it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow $4.40 is really high. I paid $3.79 this morning and that is high here for right now anyways. I hope you guys get to come back but totally understand if you dont get to. Everything seems to be getting more and more expensive.

The Swigarts said...

Hey, I dont know if you have looked at the USAA discount for rental cars, but it is pretty good, plus they waive the under 25 fee... in case you didn't know about their discount if you decide to rent a car.

Grandma Rosie said...

I just did a search on Travelocity and found flights for $252 per person and on Cheaptickets they were $218. Not back considering!!!
I cant do much but I would love to give something to the Amy, Jack and Zach coming home fund!!! I was lucky enough to spend a week with you and the thought of everyone here at home not being able to see all of you breaks my heart. Maybe we can all chip in to help???? With Zach headed back, Grandma's and Grandpa's need to see him. :)

Anonymous said...

looking at the sites for air fare I never saw any kind of discount for military, is that only when you book thru the airline?

talk later
ooooxxxx

Grandma Rosie said...

Well, I have decided to start riding the Metro to work. My first trip to DownTown KC was today. Went very smooth. We will see how going home is. :) The cost of gas went down to $3.79 by the house but it should jump another 20 cents again here soon. Bus passes are $40 per month and during the summer you can get a "ozone" discount. Talk about saving money!!! I was even carpooling and having to drive every other week but this will REALLY save money.

Anonymous said...

The sad part about the bus system in KC is not everyone can hop a bus & get where you need to go,I don't think there is a bus stop anywhere around my work. So it's great for a few. I also tried to get a bus schedule online & that was a joke. Hope someday they expand -- I think the buses would have standing room only.

Later,
ooooxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...