Life at 1572: Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

Thanks to this blog I am now reading this blog, and Erin does Ten on Tuesday.  I like anything that will help me blog a little more during the week.  While it is officially Wednesday across the rest of the country I still have a few hours so I will sneak this one in.

1. I spent the afternoon sweating it up in my hot garage trying to get a handle on the mess.  Tons and tons of boxes and no organization.  Things are getting out of hand.

2. Cleaning the garage led to finally organizing all of Jack's baby clothes by size into tubs just in case we have another boy.  Oh my. Going through those teeny tiny clothes grabbed my heart.  Remembering his little baby chubbiness in all of his outfits. Sniff.  He's getting too big, he's practically gown.

3. I am so behind on my blogging, and I can't find a spare minute to catch up.  We are so busy during the day, and by the time the evening rolls around I am content to relax with the hubby.

4. Today was one of those days where Jack was driving us both crazy out of our minds.  Really all he was doing was being a little boy.  Nothing really hurtful or wrong.  That makes me feel like a guilty mommy.  I hope tomorrow is better.

5. I get to have an afternoon Mother's Day tea party with Jack on Thursday.  It is at his preschool, and he is so excited.  He told me we are going to have cookies and yemonade (lemonade)

6. Jack came home from school today singing me a lovely song:
    I love my mommy, I love my mommy
    Yes I do, Yes I do
    Mommies are for hugging, Mommies are for kissing (blows kiss)
    I love you, I love you

    They must have really practiced because he never remembers the songs they sing.

7. One of the cats we are cat sitting plays fetch.  It is so cute! Until she's putting the ball beside your head at
    6:00 in the morning just begging you to play.

8. I have totally fallen in love with Yum Yum the fetching cat.  She is so soft and loving.  I don't want to give her back.  I should never be allowed to pet sit.

9. Jack and I played our fist board game the other day.  The kid watches a little too much tv.  Well, he doesn't really watch it all the time, but that is his go to thing when he's bored.  He just asks to watch a show, and we have to remind him it is playtime.  So during the evening while Zach was working late I decided to get out his Spiderman Memory game and see if he might be old enough to play it.  He caught onto it pretty quickly, and we got through several rounds before he was over it, and just wanted to play with the cards.

10. I put together these shelves at 9:30 this evening.  They were just some cheap shelves I grabbed from Target.  Jack has tons of books even more I found in the garage, and he doesn't have a place for them.  We read books every night before bed, and now he has a place to put them.

6 comments:

Grandma Rosie said...

Are you trying to tell us something with the "tubs of clothes?"

Love and miss you all.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Amy said...

I'm so proud of you, you put these shelves together all by yourself while i was sleeping. Although i am a little jealous that the shelves you bought last night are on here and Jacksons toy box isn't, Love you babe

Grandma Nancy said...

Love the shelves. I would definitely like to see the toybox that Daddy made! I'm really glad you enjoyed the tea yesterday. Takes me back. That song that he sang for you was so precious! XOXOXO

Grandma Nancy said...

Love the shelves. I would definitely like to see the toybox that Daddy made! I'm really glad you enjoyed the tea yesterday. Takes me back. That song that he sang for you was so precious! XOXOXO

Grandma Nancy said...

keeps telling me it didn't post so I kept trying! Little did I know...

Aunt Janet said...

Its okay Nancy, we understand it is just getting used to the newness!

Now ask Jack if he remembers the song? See if he really liked it.
Those moments melt your heart!!

Heads up Zach, starting coming home singing a song!!??!

Love to all,
oooxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...