Life at 1572: Calling in my sick days

Calling in my sick days

Do moms get sick days? Haha. I have been sick for the past two days. Started out as some yucky sinus drainage and a sore throat. I had hoped that would be the end of it. Friday day I woke up feeling pretty bad sore throat, achy, nauseous the whole thing. Still not thinking I was that bad I decided to take my temp. and to my surprise it was 101.7. I truly was shocked because I haven't had a temperature like that in 6 years. My first thoughts were not wanting to get Jack sick so I had to take care of him, and try to stay away from him at the same time, LOL. While he napped I napped as much as I could. I had to heat his lunch three times because I had to keep sitting down for fear of fainting. Everything kept going all dark and hazy. Mostly, I just stayed on the sofa while Jack played in his play area, and then he'd come out and run all around the living room tearing everything up! I mean you should have seen this house by the end of the day. I'd look over and he'd be shredding a box into a million little pieces. Oh well, he was content, and I would just get it later, LOL! Luckily, by saving grace Zach got to come home that evening. Yay! All day I kept thinking about how we were running out of milk, and I was going to have to drag Jack out on Sat. to get some. So, thank goodness Zach came home and he could do the running. I had been calling him all day leaving pleading voicemails asking if he was going to get to come home, and to my surprise he did. Today I didn't do much just stayed in bed, and I peeked downstairs every once in a while. At the end of the day oddly enough I really had missed seeing Jack all day, and it was just killing me not giving him any kisses. I've decided I think I got it at his doctors office. When we were leaving I accidentally went out the sick child side, and there was 4 pitiful looking little ones on that side. So lets hope I am feeling back to myself tomorrow, and that Jack doesn't get this.

3 comments:

The Swigarts said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Pete and I were going to call you last night, I am glad we didn't in case you were sleeping.
talk to you all soon!
LeighAnn

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better. At least Zach got to come home and help you out so you werent totally miserable! Hope Jack doesnt get sick as well.

Grandma Rosie said...

Mom's do get sick and it seems to hit them worse because you still have to be MOM. Hope you get to feeling better and glad to hear Bub got to come home. Maybe it was your pleading that did it?????

I too, was going to call you last night but worked all day at Joe's and was exhausted by the time I got home. The things Mom's do. ugggg

Love and miss all of you.

Hugs and kisses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...